Sunday, September 12, 2010

ALL ABOUT FOOD @ KL! :)

Yesterday was a great day. My bro-in-law brought us (Me, Cindy, Felicia and KP) to Jalan Alor, KL to have our dinner. My sister stayed at home. Haha. It's her confinement period. Happy Confinement, Elena! Haha. FOOD AGAIN! Kuala Lumpur is all about eating, and the best eating isn't in the air-conditioned restaurants. The best place is eating in Jalan Alor. It was formerly known as the Red Light district of KL. The stalls are parked all along the street. Both sides of Jalan Alor are lined by endless rows of ‘mamak’ stalls and outdoor restaurants, interspersed with hawker stands selling fruits, barbequed meats, hanging ducks, and so on. I heard the satay is excellent, as are the many Chinese foods. For those who have never been there, it's a waste! I strongly recommend this place for food lovers! You’ll see and hear things not experienced in many other parts of KL. And, you won’t be able to fully describe your experience to friends back home. 


This is the second time I have been there. Hendry took 10 mins to reach there. OMG? He literally speeds. The crowd along this road is like so happening. Got a lot of leng zaiS and leng luiS! And, foreigners. Guess what we had for our dinner? Lol. FROG PORRIDGE! It was my first time eating frog. (=.=) Hendry ordered "Kung Pou" frog porridge for us. It's very famous. Serving mainly frogs cooked in two different ways, you may have your frogs in porridge with sliced ginger (plain frog porridge), or have it cooked "kung pou" style. The "kung pou" style is just frogs cooked with dried chilli, hence it is very, very spicy. I tried and I was speechless. Oh my goodness, it was heavenly good! (thumbs up) I was so scared at first but noww.... It tastes a real yummy.... With the Plain Porridge, the "Kung Pou" gravy was then poured into it and add in some frogs meat, have a sip and you will be able to get the Ooommmpppphhh sensation! Truly delicious! The place is not very clean, but it has all the ambience of a true Malaysian hawker scene. Last but not least, exotic meat like frogs are not very cheap in Malaysia, therefore, be ready to pay a higher price for the frog porridge, but the meal is very delicious! Try it yourself and you will know how delicious they are. 

Besides the Frog Porridge, he also ordered one plate of Oyster Omelette too from the next door stall. Hmm... this Oyster Omelette was rather different with those that I had before at other places as it was crispy like a Pancake while the oysters were somehow placed separately from the omelette! I love this, too. It tastes superb! It is worth trying so YOU CANNOT MISS IT! 


After we had our frog porridge, we realized we were not full yet. Lol.. He brought us to Famous Ngau Kee Beef Noodle at Jalan Tengkat Tong Shin. We walked there. I know it's famous because the signboard says so. Hendry ordered 2 bowls Mixed Pork with Dry Noodles, 2 bowls of Pork Soup with Pork balls and a bowl of Beef Soup with Beef balls. The kueh toew-like noodles were springy and and firm to bite. The pork soup was nice. I don't really like beef so I have got no comments. He finished up the beef soup. Lol.. I was so, so FULL! Thanks to Hendry. I had a really great experience! AWESOME experience! :)

P/S : My phone is spoilt, so I couldn't snap a picture of the Frog Porridge. :(

No comments:

Post a Comment